New UK Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dannyid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. My name is Dan, I've been an avid fan of the hobby for a few years now, my first go was at a friends house where I was living, (his tank, I just helped maintain it and I learnt how to keep fish, ive set up a small tank for my mum and recently 1 for another friend, I finally moved into my own flat and I got my tank before I got a tv :)

Ive got a river/reef 94L tank it's about 20 ish gals I think it's been set up for about a year., it's taller then it is wide but as I'm keeping small to medium community fish it suits me fine, the filter system is really clever, the back wall is split into 4 compartments and the water travels through about 4 different types of filter, from sponge to ceramic tubes, and finally gets put back into the tank via 2 nozzles.

I've had a verity of fish in my tank, and as ive learnt through trial and error I'm just about ready to fill it up to maximum and enjoy, ive had a few deaths along the way, and found out what fish don't go with others, luckily I've got a few friends who keep fish also and they've always been able to accommodated any fish needing a new home.

The current set up includes:
2 freshwater shrimp
7 neon tetras
1 featherfin synodontis (the only bigish fish that will be in the tank)
2 danios ( to be re-homed)
1 tiger barb (to be re-homed)
1 female swordtail ( either to be re-homed or my next buy will be a group of swordtails)
1 neon dwarf rainbowfish ( going to buy some more)
These lone fish were in small groups but the others have died over the past 6 months,
I've not bought anything for quite a long time, but feel confident now that I'll be able to keep up with care and maintenance of my fish and tank.

Back
Top Bottom