new with problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kylenheather

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. We are Kyle and Heather (if you couldn't have guessed by our login name, lol.)We are new to the site. We have a 35 gallon tank that a neighbor gave us cause they were moving out of state. In the tank we have a plecostomus, a Synodontis Catfish, and 2 Rainbow sharks. A few weeks ago we noticed white patches on the sharks, and cloudy eyes. so we treated for fin rot fungus cure. They seemed to get better. Then, plecostomus tail tail rotted away and he began to turn white. used fungus cure again. Plecostomus healed. then the sharks got mouth fungus and cloudy eyes again. started to use the fungus cure again but they seem to be getting worse. PLEASE help. Don't know what else to do. Thank you.

25% water change three times now. and stress coat and bacterial supplement that says to use after medicating

Generally what you describe in my experience will lead to water quality or stress being at the root. I would do at least 50% maybe more like 75% changes. If you medicate, and I would make sure you stay the course with treatment

Thank everyone for your help. Looks like it was amonia burn. We cycled the tank and had to bring the ph up alot, but everything is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom