Newb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
Love my fish and have just invested in a 47gallon (215L) freshwater tank and am looking for ideas as what to put in scenery wise, any help will be gladly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Yes have live plants will take some pictures later and try to get them up :)

Not sure yet as what to have for a centerpiece, me and the wife are taking our time to stock the tank.

She likes all the fish we go to look at and has taken over the decision making process :)

We are currently taking the time to set the tank up and do things right, any suggestions are welcomed

Will get some pics up tomorrow night

Hey Maverik, my girlfriend had also taken over the decision process as to what fish to have in my tank :) As to plants, we were particularly fond of having anubias on driftwood. They were slightly pricey, but we felt that it was well worth it. Also, the goldfish don't munch on them (not yet so far anyway). We do have some bunches of Java ferns in there too. The goldfish don't really peck at them, but they seem to have taken a liking to uprooting them for fun. I've decided to plonk big rocks to hold them in place now.

Here are a few snaps

Attachments

• image-4027005202.jpg
    image-4027005202.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4015933412.jpg
    image-4015933412.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-926074816.jpg
    image-926074816.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4230778999.jpg
    image-4230778999.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi again Maverik. I know what you mean about wives/girlfriends taking over. Could you write out your stock list? You may have compatibility issues if you don't make a concerted effort to pick species that will work with your setup.

Sorry for late reply,
Had some gold fish in there but have moved them to small tank

We have been using a comparability chart to make sure we don't mess up so to speak

We have
Angelfish
Swordtails
Tetra
Ghost minnow
Gouramis

Will try and get some good shots later and upload them

Back
Top Bottom