Newbe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

writestuff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm Kris. I have a small reef tank (16 gallons) that I've had for 5+ years. It's doing great right now with just 3 fish along with corals, an anenome, tube worms, etc. Everybody (fish) is getting fine for the moment as long as nothing "upsets the apple cart."

When I first got the salt water tank, the "pet shop" said I could have a fish for every couple gallons. And they sold me anything they could whether it was agressive, poinsonous or whatever. Needless to say I lost a lot of fish and invertebrates over the first few years.

Not wanting to go to a bigger tank (just don't have the time or energy), I decided to build a reef tank as I love the invertebrates. I just have a maroon clownfish who loves his anenome, a blue goby with orange spots (forgot the name) and a fourstrip b&w damsel who's the boss.

I now have a great advisor who owns a fish shop in a nearby town. He really knows his stuff and hasn't steered me wrong yet, plus has gotten me out of several messes without losing more creatures.

Glad to be aboard!

Back
Top Bottom