Newbee :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MU-fishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, so I'm new. I am a Music Education major at Marshall University in West Virginia. I recently bought a 1.5 gallon tank. Its called a Tetra Aquarium Kit. It comes with a filtration system, extra filters, LED light, and the bottom has a storage area. I had to return the first one because the filter looked like a dog chewed on it and the air pump was missing along with other pieces. I already bought the fish, so I used the aquarium without the filter for a week or two. Then, I had a snail and 4 fish. Brain the snail, Pinky the pink neon tetra, ED (Evil Douchebag, since he attacked other fishies, haha) the yellow neon tetra, Bubbles the guppy, and Mills the black skirt tetra. I also bought Ick medicine, Chlorine remover and mom bought goldfish food. Unfortunately, ED died. So I immediately went and returned the tank and bought another fish and different fish food thinking it was the food or the missing filter. Now I have Brain, Bubbles, Mills, Pinky, and the new yellow neon tetra, Tiny. When I cleaned out the new tank for the fish, I didn't have the correct equipment to hold the fish, so I used foam bowls. When I was putting the fish back into the tank, Bubbles got a little too excited and wriggled out of the bowl. In a rush, I picked him up and plopped him into the tank and accidentaly squished half of his tail off. It started to bleed, but it seems to be growing back now after about two weeks of healing. This is where I am right now. I have been feeding them tropical fish flakes. So any advice or help would be great for Bubbles and myself. Hope to hear from some of you!! :D

I remember when I got my first Betta, I put him in the plastic cup he came in while I cleaned the tank. He decide that wasnt acceptable and lept out of the cup and onto the counter. o_O welcome!! Haha

Back
Top Bottom