The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queenie3809

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good eveing. I am a new comer to this site and saltwater tanks. My husband bought me a 40g tank for xmas. It has been up and running for 4 months. I have 6 pieces of live rock. 2 clown fish (small), 2 small damsels, and today I got a small anemone and a tank. 4 large snails, multiple hermit crabs and 2 shrimp and a starfish. If anyone have any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it...thanks

Welcome to AA! Take some time and browse our SW section. You will learn much there and if you have any questions our SW folks will love to help you.

Hi, Welcome to the site glad to have ya.

What kind of Anemone is it?? usually an Anemone isn't recommended until the tank is about a year or more established. Also what kind of Starfish is it that you have? Most starfish will starve in a 40g tank depends on which kind it is.
A few more questions

1. What are you using for water flow?
2. How are you mixing up saltwater and testing the Specific Gravity of your Salt water? Do you use RO/DI water.
3. How big are the rocks 1.5 - 2 pounds per gallon is suggested. did you buy them live at the LFS?

Welcome to the site! I agree with fijiwigi.

Back
Top Bottom