The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tex777

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I'm sorta new to this whole forum thing so let's see how it goes from here... I was told I should introduce myself here. I have a saltwater and freshwater tank. The saltwater one is brand name Tetra, I believe it also serves as freshwater due to it's installed filter, it's 16 gallons, already has fish, clean up crew, live sand, and live rock. The tank is about 4 weeks old. My freshwater tank is localized in my room where the air conditioner is always on so I have a small heater in it. It is ten gallons and I have an oscar which is about 4 1/2 inches. The tank is almost five years old after setup but the Oscar is about 2 years old. He was only 1/2 an inch when I bought him! Any recommendations on what I should do for my saltwater tank?

The saltwater tanks livestock:

1 Sailfin Molly
1 coral beauty
1 percula anemonefish
5-6 sorted hermit crabs
1 big hermit crab ( the petshop owner said it was harmless towards fish )

I know, I'm looking on getting a 55 gal, would that be ok?

A 55 gallon tank is the minimum for 1 oscar, but if you want to keep any more fish, you'll need more space.

Personally, I recommend against a standard 55 though, as the oscar will grow to longer than the depth (12") of the tank. I don't believe in keeping a fish in a tank where it is longer than one of the dimensions.

I'll look around town tomorrow to see if I find a good one. Keep my eye on it.

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Moved to member introductions

Back
Top Bottom