The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeeShelly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! We've kept aquariums through the years, but for the last couple of years we took a break. Recently we decided to begin again and bought a 10g and a few livebearers.

I joined this group as a way to get advice about our current situation, as well as learning about saltwater tanks. I've always wanted to have a very large saltwater tank, but they intimidate me so I want to do tons of research before venturing that direction.

Currently, our tank is not doing well. There was an issue with water quality (which has been resolved 100%), but I'm having alot of trouble with Ick. We had introduced a new fish last week (she showed no signs) and it seemed as if overnight Ick popped up and took over. I immediately began treatment with Lifeguard All in One, but after 2 days it just wasn't helping. It's always worked for me in the past, but this time it just seems to be some kind of mutant super villain Ick. I discontinued that and started using API Super Ick Cure yesterday. They all seemed to perk up, but our sweet black molly, Cupcake, who survived having 99 fry (!!!!), finally gave up the fight today. :'( I'm at my wit's end with this stuff! Any advice would be wonderful and very much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom