The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellieC20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone.. I'm new to the aquarium world. I just purchased a 2.5 gal. tank because I thought I only wanted a couple of fish. Well, that sure changed. I'm going out tonight to get at least a 20 gal. I currently have 5 serpae tetras in my little tank, which I'm sure is too many, but I went with what the fish store recommended at the time. I would like to add another variety to my tank.

All suggestions would be great..

I have seen many times that it's best to have 6+ tetras in a tank. Should I add another one, and what other types do you guys recommend?
I'm excited to be in this group hoping to learn lots of new things about the fish life.

Thank you,
ShellieC20

Welcome to AA! Glad you found us here :welcome:

Look for a 20 gallon Long tank. Your stock will be happier in it then a 20g high

Thank you .. Can I find those in the local pet stores? Or are they special tanks that need to be ordered?

Thank you .. Can I find those in the local pet stores? Or are they special tanks that need to be ordered?

Petsmart and petco sell them. They may still be on sale at petsmart. I got mine for well cheap cause I work there. They are great tanks

Back
Top Bottom