The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mystic603

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new to the fish world. Ask me anything about kids, dogs, cats and rabbits I am a pro. Fish not so much. I got a 30 gallon for free everything included. It's been about 3 months I have lost 4 fish along the way. It is fully cycled I have 8 fish 2 snails. It's fresh water. I joined because I am doing ok, but still have questions. My main reason for joining a have an aggressive black Molly who just started being aggressive after his buddy died. It's a male. I went out and got another male per suggestion of the fish store. He is now terrorizing the new male black Molly. I have no idea what to do. A Separate tank is not an option. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi there, welcome in.

Are the 8 fish you have now all mollies and 2 are males? I find options are a bit limited, either break up the tank with more plants or increase the school size and try to spread the aggression out. Failing that it is a re-home. Depends if it settles down and is just the occasional spat or is ongoing with one fish in distress.

Back
Top Bottom