The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey you guys haha.
I'm a complete newbie although my father did have 5 6footers when I was younger I've taken the hobbie on myself. Just recently bought a stocked aquarium (60ltr) with 8 fish (6 tetras and 2 algae eaters one of which is a catfish) any advice greatly appreciated. Here's a few pics of my aquarium thanks guys and girls ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451561870.090957.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451561896.874981.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451561917.862274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome AA!
The catfish is a synodontis Eruputus.
They like groups and get big....
Nice looking tank.

Thank you :)
The guy I bought the tank off has had it for four years would it get bigger than that? And thank you as I said I'm just starting up so hoping to get it looking nicer by adding more decor and other fish. Any advice?

I also have this fish but it's looking Abit poorly ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451562944.108565.jpg

Thank you for that. Any advice on a decent water testing kit?

Scrap that last comment just looked on the link and on eBay and found it thank you.

Most here use the liquid API kit Dela linked.(y)
Second cat fish looks like a common 'marble' plecostomus...
They get pretty big and are big waste producers.
He may not look well since I see no driftwood in the tank???
They eat wood and fish food more then algae...
The two cats would be best going to a larger tank(possibly trade to LFS)...
A bushy nose(BN) plecostomus is a smaller and mayhelp you with water quality vs.two big cats.
Niether are eating algae of any worth for you or the tank IMO...

Help please

Hi am new to this. I've had a goldfish for several years. I'd say at least 7 years. He's grown to be pretty good sized. His name us Spot. Lol
Anyway he's always been by himself because over years I have put other fish in tank with them & he then chases them around not allowing them to feed until they die. He even did it to a couple algae eaters. Forced them into a shell & they woukdnt come out & they died. He's a butthole like that. But that's not my problem. Couple months ago we moved him from 10 gallon tank to 100 gallon. He'd really gotten too big for 10 gallon & until last few weeks seemed to be living n swimming along happily. He started getting a growth on his side & it has continued to grow. I've googled growths & nothing I've found looked like his growth. It's still growing & we can actually see what looks like blue gravel inside him. The aquarium gravel is blue & white. Is it really possible he's eating this gravel??? He's started having trouble swimming & has recently been taking to laying on bottom of tank I know that's no good. He still eats his fish food tho. & I just witnessed him pick up a blue Rock & not spit it out. I don't want him to be suffering & I don't know what to do to help him.

Back
Top Bottom