Newbie Alert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fruityscone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Morning people!
Just wanted to say hi to the community. I currently have one mature aquarium, only small, 8.6gallons, and I am currently starting my next project a much larger tank, 36gallons. My main reason for joining the community is really to be able to ask the people that really know what they are talking about when it comes to the subject of Aquarium keeping, in other words yourself's, for advice and guidance when I need it, and hopefully contribute to the community site myself.
Thank you for listening,

Fruityscone!

Fruityscone said:
Morning people!
Just wanted to say hi to the community. I currently have one mature aquarium, only small, 8.6gallons, and I am currently starting my next project a much larger tank, 36gallons. My main reason for joining the community is really to be able to ask the people that really know what they are talking about when it comes to the subject of Aquarium keeping, in other words yourself's, for advice and guidance when I need it, and hopefully contribute to the community site myself.
Thank you for listening,

Fruityscone!

Welcome. What you doin with the Nxt tank?

Morning dude,
Well I will being decorating the tank with a nice piece or two of Mopani Wood, plus I plan to use "spaghetti rock" to give the tank some depth of field.
Fish wise I currently need to transfer several large mollies plus, when they start to grow, several 'Dalmation' Molly babies. I would like to put Gouramis, Rainbow fish and Rams into the tank also, but am a little unsure as to their compatability with my Mollies.
Would welcome some advice on this question if you have any dude, also any suggestions you may have on 'cleaners' for the new tank!

Fruityscone said:
Morning dude,
Well I will being decorating the tank with a nice piece or two of Mopani Wood, plus I plan to use "spaghetti rock" to give the tank some depth of field.
Fish wise I currently need to transfer several large mollies plus, when they start to grow, several 'Dalmation' Molly babies. I would like to put Gouramis, Rainbow fish and Rams into the tank also, but am a little unsure as to their compatability with my Mollies.
Would welcome some advice on this question if you have any dude, also any suggestions you may have on 'cleaners' for the new tank!

I love corys Amd upside down cats and otos for cleaners. Trays what I use in my 29. For me its not morning....wrkn overnite.... What about some plants. Those fish should be ok. But ramis are fin nippers. Planting helps keep fish away from another and not fighting. I have been loving platies lately too.

Plants seem scary at first... But not neat as hard as you.may think and Sooo beautiful. Talk about wow factor... And the dw looks so awesome w java fern or another clinging plant growing on it. Even just a nice amazon sword by its self adds Sooo much to a tank.

Use to work nights meself dude, 20 years in total, know what it's like.
Plant wise will be adding Java Ferns, Amazonia Sword plus other taller plants like Radicans Swordplants and Stargrass. Foreground Giant Sagiitaria, this is what I'm thinking anyway.
I will post some photos as a.s.a.p for you see, will mainly be decorations at the moment though.

Rt on. I just finished my most recent build. So happy w it... Can't wait to see how your tank shapes up... What filter system you usin

Use quality substrate. Don't skimp there, or u will regret the cheap gravel later. And sand I avoid w plants.

Where* I am on the app. So I can only see them if you post them to thread as an attachment.

There ya go dude, sorry about that, part of being a newbie suppose!

Attachments

• image-73756795.jpg
    image-73756795.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-996794308.jpg
    image-996794308.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image-819186395.jpg
    image-819186395.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 51
Fruityscone said:
It's a combination of Carbon Pellets covered over with fine Polyester Fibre filter, next layer is large Carbon Pad filter and finally Ceramic Noodles.

Nice. That should do some wrk. You gonna seed some of.that in old tanks filter? Really gets the cycle goin.

Fruityscone said:
There ya go dude, sorry about that, part of being a newbie suppose!

All good... That wood been under water before? It looks beautiful. If it hasn't been wet yet I would start soaking it to get some of the water staining out of the way.

It's soaking as we speak dude, will leave till the weekend, which will be 96 hours in soak, hopefully will start to put in place come Saturday.
Thought about a couple of these beauties as cleaners, what do think?

Attachments

• image-3972236571.jpg
    image-3972236571.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1624313467.jpg
    image-1624313467.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 64
Fruityscone said:
It's soaking as we speak dude, will leave till the weekend, which will be 96 hours in soak, hopefully will start to put in place come Saturday.
Thought about a couple of these beauties as cleaners, what do think?

These urs? Or is that a fish shop?

Plecto are good but may outgrow a 46. I also find they get lazy as they mature. That's why I like the otos better. They don't get as big and are far more active. And an outside down or cory cat will keep bottom free, if I were doin a 46. I would get 4 otos Amd 4 corys... That's imo though.

Back
Top Bottom