(Newbie alert) Betta safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi im new here. Im really new to this fish care thing. I just wanted to know if a fluval chi 5 gal is betta freindly. Im scared that my Betta's fins will get sucked into the filter. Also, is the flow of the chi filter too strong for a betta? I would definitely appreciate some helpful hints. ����

A five gallon is a decent size for a Betta and no don't worry about the filter being to strong these fish are strong filters and the flow is fine as long as it's not on all the time

A five gallon is a decent size for a Betta and no don't worry about the filter being to strong these fish are strong filters and the flow is fine as long as it's not on all the time
I have a crowntail betta. Thats why I was worried about his fins being sucked in to the filter and him not fast enough yo beat the flow.

The filter should run all the time!!! letting water flow over the media inside the system creating the beneficial bacteria you need and much needed gas exchange..there is a little switch on the side of the little pump. you can adjust the flow with that..your betta will do just fine in that aquarium I wouldn't worry too much about the fins being sucked in but just in case you can place a plastic or real plant in front of the inlet to block your betta from it.

Ahhhh okay well have you already bought the tank?

Ohhhhh I thought you meant you had a power head nevermind

Not yet. I was just looking around for a good tank and this was suggested to me so i wanted to make sure that it was betta friendly.

The filter should run all the time!!! letting water flow over the media inside the system creating the beneficial bacteria you need and much needed gas exchange..there is a little switch on the side of the little pump. you can adjust the flow with that..your betta will do just fine in that aquarium I wouldn't worry too much about the fins being sucked in but just in case you can place a plastic or real plant in front of the inlet to block your betta from it.
The flow of the fluval chi filter is adjustable?

Back
Top Bottom