Newbie Alert in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterwoman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone-
This is Waterwoman coming to you from the San Diego area.I have just restarted my fresh water aquarium. I closed down my last one about 6-8 months ago,(after about 3 years), due to about a gazillion trumpet snails and the fact that while I was gone on vacation, the majority of my favorite fish died. I gave away the rest of the fish, dumped my substrate into the garden, and took a break while I pondered my next set up. ( I was heartbroken over the deaths of my 3"German Rams and my beautiful golden veil angel, et al).
I decided to do a planned, planted aquarium, this time. My aquarium is a 75 gallon show tank (48"Wx13"Dx25"H), so it is not an easy tank to build in, but I have some beautiful onyx from a defunct mine that I got in Mexico, and I bought a nice Manzanita branch to use as my secondary point of interest. I have planted with lots of low stuff (narrow-leaf mini-chain sword, dwarf hair grass and baby tears) in the front, Taiwan moss"leaves" on the manzanita, and a few nice things in the back including Marsh Mermaidweed, which I really like.
So far the only fish I have put in are 15 Harlequin Rasboras. I will be adding some Julii Corys as soon as I can get them and by tomorrow I should have about 20 Nerite snails, of various types, in there, as I just ordered a few more.
The reason I decided to join this forum, is that I don't know any experienced aquarists, personally, and I want to exchange ideas and experiences with other people who love doing this, too. I really hope to make some new fish-lover type friends.
Thanks, all.
Waterwoman

Back
Top Bottom