Newbie from Alberta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aliangel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys!

So I’m new to this hobby, I was surrendered a 75 g freshwater that included 2 large gold fish- their about 15 and 20 years old.
4 zebra danios, 5 giant danios, 7 tiger barbs, and 1 common pleco- all of which the previous owner got about 2 weeks or so ago thinking it would be nice for the gold fish to have friends before they die due to the age.

I’m in the process of trying to read up and research all I can about the fish I have and try my best to give them a good life. My friend got a new job that requires her to travel so she does not have the time for this anymore,

The tank came with a Marineland penguin 350 filter, 1 smaller heater (not sure wattage), 1 air stone w/ pump and one smaller air pump no stone.
It does have a cover w/ lights that also seem to be giving off heat but unsure of the type of light. It’s a type of fluorescent.
Substrate is gravel, and plastic/ silk plants.
I know the GF is a Coldwater and the others tropical, but for right now I do not have any other option than to house them together.
I have picked up some supplies such as prime, API testing kit, and ordered a python hose. I also have a gravel vacuum.
So far my reading have been good other than the hardness and alkalinity of the water.
Any and all advice would be great. I did post about perhaps adding another filter or getting a bigger one.
Hope to do a good job of taking care of these fish and gaining more knowledge about them all.
Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

Back
Top Bottom