Newbie from Newcastle Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KwakaZX12R

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, found this forum and joined to share experience and knowledge with all that are willing to help in times of need and will return the favour if i can.

I have 4ft x 2ft x 2ft reef aquarium. Been running for about 12mths.
Run with RO water, mix with Instant Ocean, 60 kg of West Australian rock, refugium with arragonite deep sand bed and Macroalgae (Caulerpa)
Suppliments used - Sea Chem - Calcium Advantage, Reef Builder, AquaVitro - Vibrance, Ions

Assorted hard and soft corals (all going great)
Fish: 1 x black and white Ocellaris Clown fish, 1 x flame hawk, 1 x sand sifting Gobie, 1 x sailfin Tang, 2 x Blennies (not for much longer)
Inverts: 1 x blue star, 1 x large coral banded shrimp, 2 small bristle stars, 3 x turbo snails, 1 x stromb snail, 3 x small crabs (came in coral garden seem safe at this stage but im keeping my eye on them.)

Equipement
Lights - Aqua one MG1200 main tank 2 x 18 w compact fluro in refugium.
Watermovement - Ecotech Marine MP10w ES plus sump return pump 1200lts per hr
Temp - Aqau One cc-55 chiller and 2 x 15w heaters
Filtration - Turboflotor Blue 1000, refugium, live rock, Phosban 500 Phosphate reactor

Ive had my ups and downs with this set up but recently been running quite smoothly. The only problem i have at this stage is my Ecotech MP10 dry side has suddenly started making a lot more noise than it usually does. I have pulled down and cleaned the wet side in case caused by resistance of build up of gunk, but noise present without wet side installed.
Its less than 12months old so i will contact my LFS on the weekend re warranty.......But if anyone else has had this experience with there MP10 0r 40 and can offer sugestions i would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom