newbie from NSW AUSTRALIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackenzie11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, i have had my tropical tank for about 18 months now. It is about 120 litres. I do not seem to be able to get it all right at the same time, I now have sand for substrate, previous was gravel and my plants kept on dying, now my plants are surviving and thriving i am battling algea and those diatom things on my plant leaves. does it get better????and does it all come together in the end to really look good???? I really hope so.

I have

7 neons
1 spinny eel
3 platties
6 orange barbs

The eel was a ring in from a potted plant that i bought, i tipped out the plant to put it in the tank and out feel the eel, i didn't think that he would survive because i was not able to get him to adjust to the water in the tank, he just went straight in. But I have had him for about 1month now and he is doing well.

:n00b:

G'day mac.

Welcome to AA! It's great to see another Aussie on here. A pic of that tank would be great when you have the time. Where are in NSW are you from?

I am from Goulburn NSW. I would not know how to put a photo on this thread. Any tips????:n00b:

Welcome to the site! I would love to see a pic of the eel.

Welcome! What a nice find on the eel! I bet you were shocked. I probably would have dropped the plant and screamed. :eek2: lol. I love eels though they are super cool.

To answer the question about will the algae settle down? Yes! All new tanks go through it. Just keep reading the planted tank section...loads of help there:-D

You have to keep working at it but eventually you will find that balance that works just right for your tank.

Thanks, i have tried to get a pic of the eel but he does not come out very much, he is either hiding under a log or he is buried in the sand, i will keep trying though

Back
Top Bottom