Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

granny50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone!
I have been reading the forums for about 2 weeks gathering information on setting up a fresh water tank. Today I thought I would join because I do believe I am going to need alot of help. I had a ten gallon tank when I was in my younger years and I don't remember it being to hard to maintain but hey my memory is fading :rolleyes: as I age.

I live in Ohio with my black lab- Jack and my white siamese cat- Sam. I have three children (all grown) and two grandchilren and one more on the way.

I work with behaviorally challenged teen boys in a residential setting.

In my spare time I like camping, biking and my all time favorite reading.

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone and to gain some knoweledge before even buying an aquarium.

Granny

Hi Granny and WELCOME! This is a great place to gain valuable insights and help. It's good to see someone (and I wasn't one) who is learning before setting up a tank. I had a tank when I was younger too and thought not much had changed, but just like anything else, lots has because there is new knowledge. I see Neilan has posted some useful links above my post. Fishless cycling is going to be your best bet. Read that article and the one about the Nitrogen Cycle to help get you started. You'll be so happy you did. And have fun!

Back
Top Bottom