Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheJT

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got my aquarium as a gift from my wife. She bought me and the kids fish already so after reading around here I learned about cycling and am going through it now. Thanks for having me!

Thanks for the welcomes and the link. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. The wife is bringing a test kit home tonight. Since I didn't have one I have been doing about 50% water changes everyday. It's really cloudy right now. I'm guessing it's a bacteria bloom. I don't think the Molly is gonna survive the cycle. She is currently pretty listless kinda hanging around the top of the tank and she's swimming in circles. Every now and the she'll dip down for few seconds but then she returns to the top soon. When we first got her she was real active and eating everything in site. I don't have an extra tank where I can seclude her. So I'm just kinds resigned to her not making it.

Ok test kit got here. Did a test this morn and got .25 ammo .5 NitrIte 40 NitrAte. Did a 75% water change and got 0 ammo 0 NitrIte and 10 NitrAte. Water still cloudy as heck. Female Dalmatian Molly still acting like she's gone loopy. Added 2 more mollies hoping she was just lonely. What do y'all think?

Just keep testing daily and when the ammonia or nitrites rise again, do a water change. You might save the Molly yet. :)

Good luck! It's a bit of work but it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom