Newbie here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anwatts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm new to Aquarium Advice and to the hobby in general. I just started my first planted tank (a 9 gal Fluval Flex) with the help of my boyfriend who has a 29 gal planted tank. He also pointed me in the direction to you guys, saying that everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable.

I am in what I think is the tail-end of my fishless cycle but just had some weird results with my last water parameter tests. I will probably post my full cycling journal in a separate post to see if anyone has any insight as to why I got some weirds numbers tonight.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all and, hopefully, pass on knowledge to newcomers to the hobby in the future.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the welcome. I have another post in the "getting started" sub forum and was wondering if you might have seen any of my off water parameters over in that thread? I have been cycling the tank since May 27th and I have not only used cycled media but also seachem stability & top fin bacteria starter. I am successfully cycling out 2ppm of Dr Tim's ammonia choloride every 24hrs. I do weekly water changes every Sunday or sooner if the nitrates go above 40ppm. I am dosing a very lean liquid EI fert regimen (1ml of macros & micros on alternating days) which is why I am doing 50% water changes at the very least every Sunday. I have had a secondary nitrite spike (back to 2.0 ppm) after being cycled it at least what I thought to be cycled. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom