Newbie Here! Want a FW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site and love it so far! I hope to pick up quickly on all the "lingo" and I apologize in advance if I don't. :) I'm looking to start up a freshwater tank ( I haven't had one since jr.high) This time I'd like to do live plants and make it my undying hobby! I need lots of advice so I hope you all don't mind the tons of questions I'm sure to have. I look forward to chatting with everyone

Thanks for the welcoming! Can anyone tell me where I should post my questions and what is "established media?" LOL.....so much to learn :)

Hi there, justme, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: You can find the correct forums for your questions by entering the portal and then just locating the forum that your question pertains to, i.e. there is a freshwater forum that has various topics some general, some more specific, such as the planted freshwater tank. As for established media, I'm going to give you a link that has several articles regarding starting a new aquarium. You should read the one about the almost complete guide and FAQ to fishless cycling first. It explains almost everything you need to know to get your tank cycled. Be sure to read it before you buy your fish (unlike me) and you will save yourself heartache and needless expense, if you cycle your tank before you do anything else:http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html.

If you still have questions about established media after reading that, then ask away in the freshwater forum. They say that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. And have fun with your refound hobby, but beware, it is addicting.:whistle:

Thanks starquest for the link. I've been learning so much.....years ago I just did the deco, added water and put the fish in. I didn't realize what a huge no no that was!!:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom