newbie to reefing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sogreene

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all! This is Sarah in SC, 10 yrs exp with all things freshwater---a year or so experience with FO salt tanks (although this was over 3 years ago). I have a 125gal. A. Cichlids (mbuna) with a Jack Dempsey just to make things difficult on myself; a 29gal bowfront (currently quarantine) salt (until nanoreef is done, then will be FOWLR); Oceanic Biocube 14. We got the Biocube from *gasp* petco, set it up, cycled it for 2 weeks with live sand/rock, biozyme, 2 damsels, and various freshwater techniques that I was too arrogant to research to see if they would work in a SW reef tank or not...:twisted: <--- this is how I feel, devil incarnate...here's why: after a MUCH TOO SHORT cycling period, I thoughtlessly bought two-count them 2-condy anemone (did I research these beautiful creatures first? of course not), qt them for TWO WHOLE DAYS, as if that was anything, and plopped the healthier looking specimen into my biocube...long story short, it has worked its way into the intake grate at the bottom of the cube, which I can not figure out how to access...and is probably perishing as I babble away...Here is my intro...I made a HUGE mistake, and would like to cry. I am off to see the nano-reefers to find out if anyone knows how to access this part of the cube...I did some stupid things that I know better than to do with a freshwater tank, let alone a sw tank with animals I know nothing about, and I look foward to showing that I have learned from my mistakes thus far...8-O~sarah

Sorry to hear about your situation, I don't have any experience with a nano tank but just wanted to say welcome to AA this site helped me learn a great deal. I saved some mistakes and money by listening to the words of wisdom from others who have been there. I actually bought one of the condy anemone's once on impulse the people here on AA quickly helped me realize that was a mistake and I was not ready for a condy let alone any anemone I returned it to the LFS

Welcome to the site! It's good to hear a person admit their mistakes. Props for you and it show you are receptive. I look forward to assisting in any way I can.

ok-the anemone is OUT and back in the qt tank with the other, the grate over the chamber he was hidden in is broken, and now sitting on top of a sponge-filter square from my qt tank, so all is well with that-and no future swimmies will be able to explore that area. Hopefully the nem will bounce back, but i seriously doubt it. I guess it's back to cycling! ; )
Off to babysitters and work....thanks for the welcome, and I look foward to learning tons from you all, as well as sharing experiences!!!

welcometoaa.gif

Yow - that was a learning experience. Well I am happy you are here - the people on this site are great for helping out
Welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom