Newbie would love advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittyoung

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

This is my first aquarium, and I'm happy to find an active forum community. Thanks for having me.

We have a 54 gallon freshwater tank. Sand on the bottom, lots of live plants.
The tank has been running for six weeks now, and we're nearly ready to add some fish.

We're thinking; cory cats for the bottom, harlequin rasbora in the middle, and maybe fancy guppies for the top layer?

Does that sound like it would work?

Thanks for your time.

Sounds like you did ur research! Those all will work great together. I don't think the rasbora are known to nip fins which is something u have to worry about with fancy guppies. Do u add co2 for the plants or use low light setup?

That sounds that a pretty good stocking plan to me. With a tank that size you can safely house schools of each species you stock to make them comfortable and provide some natural behavior:)

Sounds good. The guppies though should move around and be active at all levels. Which is fine. Just saying dont expect them just at the top.

Sounds good. The guppies though should move around and be active at all levels. Which is fine. Just saying dont expect them just at the top.

To this point, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything to stay in it's 'zone'. If I have algae wafers in my tank, or I just haven't sat in front of it for awhile, I'll look over and notice my Hengel rasboras down at the bottom picking at the wafers that aren't for them, or just exploring the lower depths of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom