Newcomer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billyray

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby and I'm looking for advice. I recently purchased an Aqueon 29Gal Deluxe Kit. I'd like to set up a planted freshwater community tank. I currently have sand (from LFS), water, a fake 'mangrove-ish' root and some decorations that my kids picked out in the tank (see pic below, hopefully). I'm still dithering on which fish to put in.There are two fish that I have my heart set on: dwarf gourami(s) and some type of cory catfish. There are some others that I'm looking at but I'd like some advice from people besides the ones I'm buying the fish from. I'll list the others that I'm looking at tomorrow.

Thank you in advance,
BR

Welcome to our forum, have fun! I really like your mangrove root by the way.

I love Cories too, I have some in my 20g right now, and plan on purchasing some more to hopefully fill out their schools a bit.

Welcome to our forum, have fun! I really like your mangrove root by the way.

I love Cories too, I have some in my 20g right now, and plan on purchasing some more to hopefully fill out their schools a bit.

Ya it was kinda expensive (~$40 at Petsmart) but it goes with the 'theme' I have sketched out in my mind.

My first fish:)

Last night I brought home three Cobra Endle's Guppies:) They're tiny little things:p

Back
Top Bottom