No salt water tank yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wormhauler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am new to the hobby of Salt water aquariums. Have had freshwater fish for many years. On trips to the lfs, the fish that we want are colorful etc but they are the dreaded "Saltwater" and everyon knows how hard it is to have a saltwater tank.

Well I talked to a couple of people at work and found that it is not as hard as I thought.

What is hard is getting my wife interested at the same level as I. This may get easier as she does like the "Yellow Tang" She just isn't aware of the size of tank needed to support such a critter.

Her first reaction was "No", then she saw the 29 gal nanos and decided this would be ok. I went shopping and found a 75 that would fit but wanted bigger fish. (freshwater fish we have are all small). Upon further research, the 180 would be more of a fit. I just don't have room for it (YET):cool:.

I was ready to purchase a 29 gal Biocube tonight but discovered until we remoel, there is no room for it either. I am anxious to start in the hobby and considering a 14 gal tank.

Comments?

Thanks
Roger

Back
Top Bottom