Noob in Ontario. Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salukie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello aquarists!
I'm Helene, an aquarium newbie!
I just bought my first aquarium, a little 10 gallon.
I have no clue what I'm doing so I'll be asking lots of questions!!
Thanks in advance.

Welcome! Head on over to the Freshwater section, there is loads of information over in that section. Good luck!

Try root tabs. Might help. Got any ideas for fish

I wanted to put some aquarium plant nutritive substrate in my gravel when I put this thing together but the girl at the pet store looked at me like I had three eyes when I asked for some. I got them to order me some fertilizer but I have no idea what kind it's gonna be.

I wanted the API master test kit but they didn't have that either.

I might have to start ordering stuff online.

As for fish, I want them all!!!!! Lol. I realize my ten gallon is tiny, though. I was thinking about maybe some corydoras, small tetras... Neon? And a betta trio. I'd like some shrimp too... They're so cute.

I wanted to put some aquarium plant nutritive substrate in my gravel when I put this thing together but the girl at the pet store looked at me like I had three eyes when I asked for some. I got them to order me some fertilizer but I have no idea what kind it's gonna be.

I wanted the API master test kit but they didn't have that either.

I might have to start ordering stuff online.

As for fish, I want them all!!!!! Lol. I realize my ten gallon is tiny, though. I was thinking about maybe some corydoras, small tetras... Neon? And a betta trio. I'd like some shrimp too... They're so cute.

You could do a school of 5 neons and a DG. Then have your shrimp as bottom feeders. Beta need to be in a school of 6 or more to lint aggression

You could do a school of 5 neons and a DG. Then have your shrimp as bottom feeders. Beta need to be in a school of 6 or more to lint aggression

I'm not up on all the lingo... What's a "DG"?
Is there space in a 10 gallon for six bettas? One male, five females?
How many shrimp do people normally get? I was thinking the cherry ones.

I'm not up on all the lingo... What's a "DG"?
Is there space in a 10 gallon for six bettas? One male, five females?
How many shrimp do people normally get? I was thinking the cherry ones.

No males, bad, bad idea. All females and I don't think you can do it. I think the minimums is 30. A DG is a dwarf Groumai

I can't have a male betta with any other fish?
I'm assuming that 30 is the minimum for the shrimp and not the bettas. Lol.

Nah, a 30 is the bare minimum for a sorority. Males are highly aggressive( it's a hit and miss on most). 1 male in a 10 gallon tank. Shrimp can be in something as small as a .5 gallon

I've heard and know that Bettas are quite aggressive. They are fighting fish.

Back
Top Bottom