Oh HAI!!! Im the Noob Guy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMM_Sushi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya folks,

I'm a freshwater guy from way back. Ive had a number of tanks over the years and will still be keeping a 40g Mbuna tank around (love those lil guys).

My most recent interest has turned to the biocubes and the micro-environments that i can set up. I plan on buying a 29g and trying to get some really awesome very colorful miniature specimens. I hope to have the kind of tank that at first look might have this "crazy rock pile" in the middle of it. But after looking very closely and spending some time with it you might start to see the little shrimp here or the number of different corals. As for fish I expect the largest might be a couple of clowns. The cleaning crew is wide open for discussion but im looking for different and unique. So this means im looking for suggestions.

I have no problem spending the money on the best equipment(im not rich...Ive just learned my lessons) and Id love to have some suggestions on gear. Id also like to have the cleanest looking neatest package possible. So help me out.

I plan on getting the 29g BioCube. Is a Cooler/Heater going to be necessary? Do they have a skimmer that fits inside the cube? And do all of you guys remove the bioballs and just go with LR rubble? Is stock lighting enough or what kind of lighting is recommended...sources of info for recommended lighting levels?

Also... anyone have links they can post or forward that will lead me to suggested water levels...salinity, Ph, Calcium, Nitrates etc? Im in the learning stages and plan on reading anything I can get my hands on for a few months before I start to make any purchases. My goal is to have a very complex, very precisely controlled miniature environment.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom