Ok, so I am hoping that this time I am able to stay around...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I am a member from a while back, disappeared and came back. Well, I disappeared again, only it was not my fault this time. To make a long story short, I was hit by a car, pinning me between the car and my work truck. I lost my left leg just below the knee, and my right leg just above. I am out of the hospital, and out of rehab, start rehab again soon for my prosthetics.

Some of yall may remember me talking about the cichlid tank I had picked up, well, unfortunately, I ended up losing a few of them due to water quality issues. I have taken the 3 gallon tank down, and everyone is in the 55 gallon. Everyone is getting along for the most part, roughly 8 african cichlids, 1 freshwater angel and my clown pleco...I dont get to do much with it at the moment, as it is upstairs, and it isnt exactly easy to get up their...They are being taken care of by my parents, so I know they are not starving.

thanks for the welcome...anyone who knows anything about cichlid breeding, I could use your help on my post in the freshwater breeding section...just found out today...

I don't know you, but I am sorry about your accident and glad to know you are doing okay!!! Good luck with your fishies!

Welcome back, i am sorry to hear about your accident. But glad you are here again and back at it.

Welcome back, I too am sorry to hear about your accident, good luck with your rehab. You should start a thread in the cichlid section there are a lot of knowledgeable people over there.

Thank you all for the welcome. I am on my way to recovering, and should be "back on my feet" by the end of the year. I honestly am not sure how far my story went, and in a way I am a little curious. Firefighter Loses Legs In Crash - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston
That is the link to the story about my accident, I am curious not for my own joys, but to see how far a story can travel. To see how many lives a story can touch, and hopefully, the story has saved someone else's life.

I will post in the cichlid section if I dont get any responses on my post in the breeding section.

Again, thank you all

Bear

Wow man. That is deep. I hope everything is finally going good. I will see if i can help with the experience that i do have with cichlid.

Welcome back to AA! Glad to hear you are recovering! I hope the guy who hit you rots in jail for the rest of his life. Drinking and smoking dope, what an idiot! You are in my family's and my prayers. I wish you the best and a full recovery!

Welcome back to AA! Glad to hear you are recovering! I hope the guy who hit you rots in jail for the rest of his life. Drinking and smoking dope, what an idiot! You are in my family's and my prayers. I wish you the best and a full recovery!
Couldn't agree more.

Again, thank you for the warming welcome. As for the fine, upstanding gentleman (sarcasm included), he is sitting in county jail awaiting trial. He did fall out of the car a couple times though, from what I understand...he decided to run, and 2 truly fine gentlemen chased him down and brought him back...thats when he fell from the car...

Back
Top Bottom