Ola fishie amigos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishielizzie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm not a complete newbie to fish tanks, but I know that it takes quite some knowledge to keep your fishies happy and healthy. I look forward to meeting all of you and learning from your expertise. Previously, I've had a 20 gallon community freshwater tank with a healthy assortment of tetras and a 10 gallon tank devoted to guppy love...

When I moved, I gave all my fishies away, and now that I've settled into my own new fish tank, I'm starting up a smaller 5 gallon tank. It is the Fluval Spec 7000K. I just set up the decorations and plants today and am waiting until next week to get my water tested to pick out some fishies.

I'm goin' very small this time since the tank is so itty-bitty. Probably just a few male guppies and a ghost shrimpie dude.

My tank is currently cycling and has...

• Pagoda bell tower
  • Black gravel
  • Fake rocks for a path (have a waxy resin feel and I used them before in my previous guppy tank)
  • 2 Asian Water Ferns
  • 1 Tissue Cultured Aqua Plant which I pulled into 4 sections (Lysimachia nummularia)
  • 3 Marimo moss balls
  • 1 unknown plant on a ball which will apparently grow like crazy (recommended to me by my awesome Petco friend Robert who has been my reliable helper for many, many years)

:dance: Thanks for having me here! I look forward to all the fishie convos! -Liz

Back
Top Bottom