Old member, new account!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReidILewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself once again. My name is Reid and I live in NC. I was real big into aquatics but a few years ago life got in the way of my planted tanks and had to tear them down, but I am slowly starting back up with a 20L lowtech dirt tank that I am in the process of planting, currently only have Wistera and S. Repens, but am looking for plenty of others to fill in the tank. Hope to post updates of my tank in the near future!

Sorry for the terrible lighting, but here is what it currently looks like. Hoping the S. Repens fills in as a carpet once it establishes. It is dirt with a black beauty blasting media cap. Once my driftwood waterlogs the rock will be removed. All comments are appreciated!

Attachments

• 20180624_180508.jpg
    20180624_180508.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 60
Welcome back! The tank looks great...can't wait to see how it turns out!

o/ ReidILewis. i see some good potential with the tank. a few tips to help you along though. if you will split your repens up more it will spread faster. also with it being a dirted tank you will want to get plants in there to start soaking up all those nutrients or you are going to major algae issues. ill be watching this one to see how it moves along. good luck!

o/ ReidILewis. i see some good potential with the tank. a few tips to help you along though. if you will split your repens up more it will spread faster. also with it being a dirted tank you will want to get plants in there to start soaking up all those nutrients or you are going to major algae issues. ill be watching this one to see how it moves along. good luck!

Thanks for the tip on the Repens, I will definitely split them up some more. And as for the nutrients I've been doing frequent water changes to keep the algae down for now until I get a few more plants. In past experience water wisteria is a big nutrient vacuum so I'm hoping they will help also

Back
Top Bottom