Old newbie with fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluPeacock74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put old newbie with fish, because 25 years ago I had 10 tanks all different sizes in all kinds of fish from the most peaceful to highly aggressive and when I had kids I didn't have as much time to spend on my tanks as I used to so I sold them off, and now that my kids are grown and out on their own I have started up my tanks again so far I've only got two but it'll happen I'll get back up there again I love my tanks they're so relaxing for me even cleaning them out is so relaxing for me and just sit there in silence to just watch them.

Last edited:
I have an albino Oscar I have nine OB peacock cichlids that have not come into their colors yet but should be anytime now and I also have a whippet algae eater

Hello Blu...

Welcome. I understand. I have 11 tanks from 29 to 300 gallons. It was a chore to maintain them all while I was working. Don't know how I did it. Anyway, I'm now retired and spend most of every day working on them. It's very challenging, but also relaxing.

Have fun!

B

Came to the hobby because my 4 year old is allergic to pet dander and desperately wanted a pet so my husband and I thought... Why not fish? He was in the hobby years ago but i was new. We started with a 10 gallon and now have 4 tanks with the largest being 75 gallons. We have been at it about 2 years now and love it. Sometimes when our daughter is at grandma's We turn off all the lights and just stare at the fish in silence watching them swim around. Its so relaxing. Our fish get so excited when we get home from work it's like a dog standing there wagging its tail. Thrilled that you are home. Lol. We have 2 albino acf, they are huge babies that have to be held and petted on almost daily. we have an albino cory cat, bristlenose pleco, a regular pleco, 2 hillstream loaches, 2 sailfin mollies, 2 black mollies, a zebra loach, a leopard loach, 4 guppies, 4 fiddler crabs, 2 angelfish, a male platy, and just recently had about 30 molly fry. Not sure what we are going to do with all the fry once they start growing but we will figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom