Oldhead back in the game...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I just checked my account, last login 2008 haha.

Well, after life happened it has been a few years since I had a tank running. I started with a 55 gallon and then a 125 before I moved to Georgia, then had a 180 FOWLR set up that I just never finished the way I wanted before life got in the way.

On to now, my daughter is now almost 6 and very interested in aquariums, so I am jumping back in feet first for a fun project for us. I sold the 180 that was shut down but got to keep the rock (now base rock but not bleached white) and some fake coral. Turned that into a deal from a local PetSmart (I know, I know), but I got a nice 38 gallon kit for $112, didn't like the LED that came with it so dropped a $49 to supplement that, and still have about $200 left for stock from the sale. I think I came out pretty good since the 180 wasn't going to get back up anytime soon, if ever.

Going to try and start the cycle this weekend, and once we get going let her pick out some fish. What a great hobby to share with a child.

Anyway, just wanted to check in, I will be lurking around and chime in whenever I think is warranted.:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom