Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRCEMKE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a question about my fish. It has a yellow spot on it and it stays on the bottom of the tank. It will shoot up to the top of the tank, but doesn't seem like it swims like the other one. Can someone please help me?

Hi. I reccomend you have your water parameters tested.
More information is also needed. What species of fish? What size tank? Water change schedule? Temperature?

Hello, my fish is s dwarf gourami, I'm trying to upload a video. 32 gallon, parameters are all WNL. Can't upload, ugh..ok, I think I got a pic.

Attachments

• 20200215_172207.jpg
    20200215_172207.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 42
The yellow spot is probably just his colour. His darting up is because he is a labyrinth fish and they need air. The laying on the bottom is worrying. What is the air situation in your tank? Is he the only fish?

Thank you for helping me, I put it in our quarantine tank by itself now. It's still swimming, but it looks so weak. Made the water more shallow so it can get to the top easier. Put some pimafix in the tank, turned the light off. Hope that is the right thing to do.

And it's a small 10 gallon with a filter for a 20 gallon. Has good filtration. The water test strips are a 5 in 1 , all negative for N02 and N03. Ph is 7, Kh is at 40 and the Gh is 30-60.

It's in a small 10 gallon quarantine tank with a filter for a 20 gallon. Has good filtration. The water test strips are a 5 in 1 , all negative for N02 and N03. Ph is 7, Kh is at 40 and the Gh is 30-60. Made it shallow so it can get to the top easier. Turned the light off.

Back
Top Bottom