Ready to learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaRob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, names Rob, have been dabbling with aquariums since I was a child. Haven't had any in years because Im military and didnt want to alway smove them. I am more settled now in DC and determined to get a few set up. I currently have a 10g that is set up in my 2yr old daughters room. It is HER tank, nothing but seasame street decor. No fish yet, havent decided what would be best. Need something active and something that doesnt care about all the fake decor.

I also have 40 something hex that I have been carrying with me for a long time. I will be searching forums for ideas for it but am leaning toward angels and all natural tank. (Live tank, plant substrate and so on)

Recently was given a complete 55g freshwater set-up. I really want to do a reef tank in the future, or another live plant schooling tank. Depends on what I find here.

Looking forward to learning a lot from a lot of you more experienced individuals out there!!

Welcome to the site! We will have you a "saltie" in no time! The folks in the WV/MD and Norther Va are planning a trip to some LFS in the Dullas area, you are more than welcom to come along. Check us out in the regional forum.

Welcome to AA. While a reef is always a good idea, a planted tank can rival a reef tank in appearance IMO.

Hmmmm, I have to disagree about the planted tank vs. the reef, BUT, I will side with the awesome aquascaping of a lot FW tanks.....some of those are just so awesome!

Back
Top Bottom