Refreshing Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canuckfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd just like to say that it's refreshing to find an aquarium site that isn't full of fish nazis . At least from what I've seen so far . In some of the other sites I've browsed , if Tankgirl said that it is OK to have nitrates between 20-40 in an established tank , she would have been savagedly attacked & mocked . Personally , I keep them under 20 . It's also great to be in a forum where you won't be verbally abused for keeping 25 inches of neon tetras in a well planted & maintained 20 gallon tank . The way some people rant about this in the other forums , it's a wonder that they don't buy a 20 000 gallon indoor swimming pool & stock it with 10 neon tetras . Keep up the good work .

cookies and cream people!!! Haha, people in this forum do a good job of realizing that fish load is NOT a fixed number. 25 tetra's can do very well in a 20 gallon tank given the right filtration and setup. Welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you...

BTW, I'm a rangers fan :D :D :D

savagedly attacked & mocked

That does not happen here as you have seen and will NOT happen here. Such actions are quickly taken care of at an administrative level.

Im glad you noticed one of the items that we feel makes us stand above the rest.

Welcome, and I'm glad you find AA a comfortable place to talk fish. I had my fill of the flame wars and personal attacks on other forums and that just does not go on here, as you have seen.

There are ongoing studies in the scientific community that debunks the idea that nitrate is a deathly beast over 40ppm, and I won't get into it, because it is controversial and OT, but I hate dogma and like to see our thinking advance in the hobby. Sites like this are grist for my mill, so to speak! :D

Back
Top Bottom