Relatively new to the hobby ^_^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SonicsDC25

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I'm still only about 6 months into the hobby and am always learning new things everyday. I currently have a 55g Discus tank and a 29g African Cichlid tank. I'll be selling the Discus and moving all my cichlids over to my 55g though. Hope to learn more things as I go and will be glad to converse with everyone and if anyone's in the Seattle area, maybe even meet up at club meetings (y)

Hey everyone, I'm still only about 6 months into the hobby and am always learning new things everyday. I currently have a 55g Discus tank and a 29g African Cichlid tank. I'll be selling the Discus and moving all my cichlids over to my 55g though. Hope to learn more things as I go and will be glad to converse with everyone and if anyone's in the Seattle area, maybe even meet up at club meetings (y)

What kind of African cichlids do you have in the 29?

6x Pseudotropheus Saulsoi, however I found out due to the coloring that 2 are Pseudotropheus Coral Red Saulosi :(. Therefore, I'm trying to sell those then buy some F1 Jalo Reefs from a fish store a few hours away from my house :D

6x Pseudotropheus Saulsoi, however I found out due to the coloring that 2 are Pseudotropheus Coral Red Saulosi :(. Therefore, I'm trying to sell those then buy some F1 Jalo Reefs from a fish store a few hours away from my house :D

According to a long convo I had on cichlid-forum you can keep saulosi in a 29 long term. Anything else though for the most part needs a 4 ft x 1 ft tank or larger. At least Malawi stuff anyways.

Yeah, though I've wanted to upgrade to a larger tank for quite some time and finding out that 2 of my saulosi (possibly all of them as well) are Coral Reds pretty much pushed me into finally getting that larger tank. If they were true Saulosi's, I would've kept them for sure :(

Welcome to the hobby and to AA! There are many facets to explore, but one to definitely try is going planted. You should convert that 29g into a heavily planted tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom