Returning to Hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Folks,

Through childhood and up until about 20 years ago I kept all sorts of aquariums and terrariums, including several tropical fish tanks with live plants and very specific (SA) flora and fauna. During those last 20 years life got in the way and other than the odd goldfish have not kept any critters or aquatics.

Just recently I was given a 75 gallon long tank along with some decent filtration equipment, plenty of gravel, buckets of plastic plants and assorted miscellaneous "stuff". I am building a new stand and hood and plan on setting the tank up with live plants and fish following a South American river theme. Lots of Tetras and live plants.

I have been told that here in Austin I have some great shops to find both plants and healthy fish. But so much has changed since back then: bio wheels, cannister filters, LED lighting, and on...

Mostly I will be looking for advice on proper aqua-scaping (rocks, wood, plants) and the general maintenance protocols. I look forward to getting great advice and learning this hobby all over again.

Erose

Welcome back. I had a long break myself, got back into the hobby just over a year ago. So much changed from the old days. Back then we didn't have the forum to get info from - just the "experts" at the LFS.

Welcome to AA Erose! Glad you found us. :)

Back
Top Bottom