Returning to hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baglady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I'm new here. Been lurking around for a while now and decided to say hello. I kept a 29 gallon years ago and had good luck with it. Looking back on it, I don't have a clue how I did it because I didn't know what cycling meant until now. I didn't have internet then. A few weeks ago I decided to get back into it. I have a 5 gal, 10, 29 and 50. All four are cycling now with fish in them. Thanks to all the great information I have found here, so far all is going well.

I just recently got back into the hobby after some years away, things sure change quickly!

Do you have any stock plans for your tanks?

In my ten gallon I have two neon tetras. In the 29 I have two convicts and a red tailed shark, they're all small right now. In my 50 I have two silver dollars, three platys and a blood parrot that came along with the tank. I didn't want the parrot but got stuck with him.
After reading up on the parrot and how it came to be, I sort of feel sorry for him......and those big pitiful eyes and now I'm in love with him. He is so silly, he swims upside down, turns flips and he likes to play in the bubbles from the long air stone. He starts at the bottom and rides the bubbles to the top then he will burb out a bubble. It's hilarious watching him. He gets along well with my dollars. My nitrates are finally coming up and my ammonia is starting to come down. In a week or so I plan on adding three more dollars. In my 29 I don't really have any plans. With two convicts and a black tailed shark I'm probably going to be limited.

Why only 2 in the 20g ? As for the 29, I can see some potential issues with the 2 convicts and the shark in the future, but hopefully that's a bit down the road. If the convicts are a pair, they'll def spawn at some point and possibly become absolute terrors to the shark. As the shark grows, it will become extremely territorial as it needs a larger tank. Be sure to keep up on your water testing and watch the ammonia levels with your cycle to know when to do WC's.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thanks for the input Treemanone. I don't have a 20, it's a 10 gallon. I'm not sure what will end up in it, right now it is cycling. I'm staying on top of the water testing and water changes. Last night was the first night my ammonia levels were low enough to skip the water change.

Back
Top Bottom