Returning To The Hobby, Been Away For Awhile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mister Pig

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So its past Christmas now and you probably get new folks joining...such as me. I kept aquariums probably 20 years ago and did salt and dabbled with a planted aquarium. My lovely wife gifted me with a 38 gallon bow faced glass tank for Christmas, and I have decided to do it as a planted aquarium. My previous one did pretty good, but it could be considered a low tech tank with those 18 watt compact full spectrum fluorescents that were available at the time.

A quick rundown of the tank as it sits now.

36 gallon bow front tank, Dimensions are roughly 31"W by 22"H and 15"to 18" D

24 inch Fluval Plant 3.0 lighting fixture

Magneflow C220 canister

Hygger Titanium heater

FZone Pro CO2 system, plan on using a timer and drop check Fibst CO2 diffuser

Substrate is 2 inches of Caribsea Eco Complete

Have several pieces of Dragonlace rock along the length of the tank

Plants are ordered and should be here this week

6 bunches Amazon Swords
6 bunches Alternanthera Reineckii
3 bunches Bacopa Salzmannii
6 bunches Dwarf Baby Tears

Looking forward to putting together this planted tank. I always have enjoyed watching the fish move through the plants, and appreciate all the subtle colors and textures of this kind of tank, and the interactions of the inhabitants.

So its past Christmas now and you probably get new folks joining...such as me. I kept aquariums probably 20 years ago and did salt and dabbled with a planted aquarium. My lovely wife gifted me with a 38 gallon bow faced glass tank for Christmas, and I have decided to do it as a planted aquarium. My previous one did pretty good, but it could be considered a low tech tank with those 18 watt compact full spectrum fluorescents that were available at the time.

A quick rundown of the tank as it sits now.

36 gallon bow front tank, Dimensions are roughly 31"W by 22"H and 15"to 18" D

24 inch Fluval Plant 3.0 lighting fixture

Magneflow C220 canister

Hygger Titanium heater

FZone Pro CO2 system, plan on using a timer and drop check Fibst CO2 diffuser

Substrate is 2 inches of Caribsea Eco Complete

Have several pieces of Dragonlace rock along the length of the tank

Plants are ordered and should be here this week

6 bunches Amazon Swords
6 bunches Alternanthera Reineckii
3 bunches Bacopa Salzmannii
6 bunches Dwarf Baby Tears

Looking forward to putting together this planted tank. I always have enjoyed watching the fish move through the plants, and appreciate all the subtle colors and textures of this kind of tank, and the interactions of the inhabitants.

Sounds like you've got the foundation of a beautiful tank laid down! Welcome to the forum :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom