Rookie....Need advice (thanks in advance!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbug4140

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I have a 90 gallon freshwater tank with an Eheim 2217. is this too powerful? I have quite a current. I dont have any angels, just typical community fish.

Do you think the 2217 is ok? it's meant for tanks up to 160 gallons. I mean...are my fish miserable with too much current or are they cool with it? Laugh...kind of a silly question huh?

Thanks alot.

Welcome aboard. It`s best to post your questions in the FW forums. Not everyone comes here to the welcome forum. You`ll get better and more answers there. Again welcome.

Welcome to AA!

Like Mel said, you'll get more responses in the appropriate forum - but, for your setup, you're just fine. If you find the fish are struggling, reorient the return to hit the surface of the water, this will take a lot of the power out of it's return flow from the fish's perspective.

If it makes you feel better, I have a Jebo 835 on a 15G tank. Better being over-filtered than under-filtered I have learned.

I just made sure to have rasboras in the tank who love the current.

Back
Top Bottom