saltwater starter advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grasso

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, new tot he site! Just got a 36 gallon bow front kit from Santa and was looking for some advice on setting it up for saltwater. I guess my first and main question would be is that a sufficient size to maintain for a newbie?.. I've had salt in the past but its been years!! I just want some ideas before I start to set it up....should I go w a 55 gallon instead? Any thoughts would be great....thanks again..

Welcome to AA! :)

We have some very good articles in the article section.
Important Information for Those New to the Aquarium Hobby - Aquarium Advice

Cycle your salt tank - Aquarium Advice

A 36G tank is certainly suitable for SW. The equipment needs will be dependent on what you want to keep. Especially as far as lighting goes. Looking at a FOWLR or reef? If you have specific questions, post them in the SW section and I'm sure our members will do their best to help out. Again, welcome and happy fish keeping!

:welcome: to AA! We hope you enjoy :)

The 55 would be better if you can do it. The more water the better plus you'll be able to keep more. A bow front tank can sometimes be a bit hard to light. But its really up to you they can both be done

thanks

Thanks all for the reply and the welcome, I think I'm going to go with the 55, reef. I'll be sure to check up on some of the articles here... Thanks again and any advice ill be listening...

Back
Top Bottom