Same Guy re-checking in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperBobby83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Original post from Jan 2013:
"Hello everyone, I put my intro in the wrong spot so I will repost it here.

My name is Robert an live in Indiana. I am a self proclaimed novice when it comes to a freshwater aquarium. I had several as a kid and through college. I the got out of the hobby after college for a few years. I started back up with a small 14 gallon tall tank for a little over a year. I recently started my 30 gallon hex tank back up and shut down the 14 gallon, partly because my wife thought 2 tanks was to much.
Like I said, I have an approximately 30 gallon freshwater tall hex. I am running a Marineland 250 HOT canister for filtration. I have a 50w LED T5 light on top. It is a live plant with black sand substrate. Currently I have 5 penguin tetras, 3 cardinal tetras, 2 gold mollies, 2 German blue rams, 1 dwarf blue gourami, 1 peppered Cory cat, 1 albino Cory cat, 2 bamboo shrimp(one is extremely large), 2 algae shrimp(had 3 but "silly nemo" the gourami ate one).
I'm not really looking to add more fish, just maintain the ones I have for my sons who love the aquarium. I have added pictures to my profile of the tank. More plants will be added as time goes on. I also built the stand the tank sits on."

Wow have things changed... I haven't been here for a while, but I still have my tank... I have lost all but 2 of my orginal fish listed above, with my current fish listed below... Had a run in with a bad water change, but have been on the road to recovery for about 3 months... I also had a run in with a Crayfish, who destroyed my plant life... Hope to someday talk my wife into allowing me a 150gal+ tank setup!

Welcome (back) to AA! Your aquarium looks nice. :) 150 gallon set up would be amazing! Good luck talking your wife into it! I am always trying to talk my husband into a wall-sized aquarium.. Some days he is on the same page as me, and some days he's not... Mostly not.. But I won't give up! ;) Hope to see you around the forums!

Here is what it looks like now, like I said my plants are in a rebuilding faze after that crayfish...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402062151.578404.jpg

Back
Top Bottom