Schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmorey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Been doing this on and off (mostly on) since the 70's. Started with a small tank but I must be using too much water cause it keeps on growing.

Anyway, just starting up a 75 gal tank, mostly cichlids, not too aggresive. Been thinking about trying to add a school of something to the tank. Any suggestions for a school that wouldn't get eaten?

Right now I've got a Pleco, a convict about 2 1/2 inches, 3 small cichlids about 2 1/2 inches, and one larger cichlid about 4 inches. They're all mellow and leave each other alone.

Artificial plants and gravel, no sand.

Attachments

• Aquarium.jpg
    Aquarium.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 26
Welcome! I'm not specifically into Cichlids, though knowing which types, Central or South American or which lakes /area African are from helps. This is a possibly useful article to check out, (they have the option to reject any cookies etc.)
https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/cichlid-communities-when-cultures-collide/

But what I was intending to say, is that as fish mature into breeding age, they can change from not too concerned with those other fish around them / less aggressive to very aggressive depending upon their type and also some personality / number of fish to spread out their attentions to.

Back
Top Bottom