Shrimp Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happyreaper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

First off I want to say that I am in no way a super experienced aquarium hobbyist, but I have had a betta fish which lived a good, long solid life and I took care of a 75-gallon tank at my old school. I now live overseas, so finding or ordering good aquarium supplies is tricky for me.

I just recently bought a local 19-litre shrimp tank, and conditioned it and am now letting it cycle using the installed filter. However, after conditioning it, the water turned from crystal clear to a murky yellow. Is this normal? will it go away?

Also, please advice me on ordering live plants internationally. I cannot find any live and SAFE aquatic plants in the country I live in currently. Once I purchase the shrimp, I would love for them to have some java moss in the tank besides just a fake log and fake plant.

And lastly-are adding bacteria really necessary when establishing a tank? Again, would you recommend ordering live bottled bacteria?

Please be patent with my newbie self. Thanks :)

Ok, I do have an answer for the last question. Instead of buying bacteria or putting in some fish to cycle the water, the cheeper version is to put some fish food in the tank. This will add some bacteria and ammonia to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom