So excited to be here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoilus68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey y'all! I used to have fish when I was a kid (goldfish and the 10 gallon aquarium with mollies, guppies, and tetras), and have just gotten back into the hobby since my 10 year old is interested in "sciency stuff" as he calls it. We currently are cycling a 20 gallon tank with fish in (2 mollies, 4 guppies, and 2 guppy fry), a 10 gallon with no fish, and nursing a black molly who seems to be suffering from ammonia toxicity.

The advice I've received so far has been top notch, and I look forward to helping other n00bs as soon as I learn the ropes myself.

Thanks!

We are glad to have you here!

Everyone else started somewhere.. Myself included with a horror story of a goldfish in a 2.5g..

It's one big learning experience :)

There's plenty of biology and chemistry you can teach him!

Anatomy of a fish..

in planted tanks we use various nutrients such as PO4, K2SO4, KNO3, Fe, and MGSO4! To keep plants strong and healthy

Diseases are a world of their own.. How antibiotics work and how diseases effect different parts of the fish.

Barely scratching the surface here! So much to learn and if you really have interest it's quite fun as well.

Caleb

Here's a n00bie question

I'd really like to patronize businesses who breed and sell fish "the right way" (whatever that is) instead of patronizing petsmart or other big box corporate chains. Is there a website or place I could go to find local breeders? We don't have any independent pet stores here anymore, I'm afraid.

And, short of that, are there any fish via post retailers that you'd recommend? The fish in general at my local big box store are all pretty godawful looking. I want a really FANCY fancy set of guppies.

Thanks!

Missing Guppy

So I'm missing my female named Goldeen this morning. She seemed totally fine last night! What in the heck could have happened to her? Took all decorations out, looked under all rocks, and even checked the filters and immediate proximity around the tank for a possible jumper.

Wow. I've seen it all now! :fish2:

Also sold 2 "female" mollies

and I'm pretty sure only 1 of them actually is a female.

This looks like a female molly, right?

img_3299896_0_0d056d9d2ac443976e46b743768c39f1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom