Starting again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libbyb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to get back to fishkeeping after many years. I am almost overwhelmed by all the rules and regulations of a healthy tank. I don't know how I did it before but I remember it was a labor of love. I sold my piano for the space! Now I just have to bite the bullet and DO IT!
So far I just need to decide what type of fish community I want. I love cichlids but I love plants. I have always wanted bala sharks. I love discus but when I had them before, they didn't survive. I won't do that again. I think I just need some ideas how to stock my tank.

Welcome to AA. good news is in general most of those rules are more of guidelines and some of them are just plain wrong.

just one note with bala sharks they are a schooling fish plus they get to be about a foot long.

just have to read read and read some more. check out the thread on cycling and dont be afraid to ask any questions.

Welcome back to fish keeping and to AA...

The "rules" are from lessons learned... In the end, you will have the final say on your path to success.

What size tank are you planning on? Lots of space to put one now!

You sold the piano! What are you going to replace it with? A portable keyboard and fold up stand work great, you can put them in a closet or under the bed when not playing...

I agree with mgamer!

There is never one right way of doing things in this hobby. There are great articles in the article section of the site and a lot of knowledgeable people here itching to help. Take your time and do your research and you wont have any trouble getting back in the game!

Welcome to AA!

Back
Top Bottom