Starting all over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AncientMariner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Quite some time ago (longer than I care to remember) I had a rather simple aquarium with some Red-Eared Slider turtles who lasted a couple of years until their accidental demises. School and the service intervened and now "in the autumn of my years" I've decided to give aquaria another shot.

Because of space considerations at present I have gotten an Eclipse System 6. It's compact, has everything needed to start (minus creatures and such) and despite the problems inherent in such a small scale I plan on adding some plants and a Betta to begin with. From the experiences gained from this then I can see how things would work out for using the 20G that I have in the basement that my daughter used for a lizard a few years ago.

I've read myself cross-eyed reading books on Betta Splendens as well as fish types, plants, etc. So while I uncross my eyes from the formal books I'll be lurking and looking over y'alls shoulders.

By the by, just how much plant life would fit in a 6G tank? Considering Java Fern, some Java Moss, Marsilea, maybe an Anubia var. nana, and a Vallisneria to cover the rear.

:p

Back
Top Bottom