starting up again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twolfs2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I haven't had a tank for over 10yrs, but got the bug again. So bought a 37 gal with Eclipse bio wheel in the hood, off Craigs list for a good price. Its been up and running for several months now. I'm using the Bio-wheel and an undergravel with weekly water changes. Planning to change the hood out and use a Fluval C-3 with the under-gravel.
I also picked up a 72 gal bow-front that I'm putting together.
So far have enjoyed everyones posts and appreciate the advise.

Getting Back Into the Hobby

I haven't had a tank for over 10yrs, but got the bug again. So bought a 37 gal with Eclipse bio wheel in the hood, off Craigs list for a good price. Its been up and running for several months now. I'm using the Bio-wheel and an undergravel with weekly water changes. Planning to change the hood out and use a Fluval C-3 with the under-gravel.
I also picked up a 72 gal bow-front that I'm putting together.
So far have enjoyed everyones posts and appreciate the advise.

Hello t...

10 years ago, the under gravel filter may still have been the way to go, but those create a problem for plants that need to go into the substrate and can eventually cause water chemistry problems if the filter becomes plugged. You might want to rethink the use of an under gravel filter if this is what you plan to use.

B

Hello t...

10 years ago, the under gravel filter may still have been the way to go, but those create a problem for plants that need to go into the substrate and can eventually cause water chemistry problems if the filter becomes plugged. You might want to rethink the use of an under gravel filter if this is what you plan to use.

B

I agree. Ugf are getting out of class nowadays. People usually just go for the newer hobs or canisters. Though ugf are a lot less expensive, I still would recommend the other types of filters.

Back
Top Bottom