Step 1: My name is Dan and I have an addiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrDemonicAngel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. my name is Dan and I have an addiction. I had originally started with FW years ago but that got boring. Went from tetras to gouramis to cichlids. About 6 months ago I finally switched to SW FOWLR and now a full reef tank.

While I'll continue to maintain the 20g
I am planning (currently in the purchasing stage) of setting up a 75 gallon.

Currently 20Long is running the following equipment: (for pictures, look up "MrDemonic" in Instagram)
marineland Reef LED
HOB Aquaclear 50
AquaticLife Mini Skimmer 115
Koralia Nano 425

Livestock:
Paired True percula clownfish: Pinky (f) and Brain (m)
Bubble tip anemone: Ampersand
valentini Puffer: Scarface
Diamond goby: Maximus
Neon green candy cane coral
Alveopora
Watermelon zoa
bam Bam zoa
a multicolored zoa colony
yellow frogspawn
Blue Squamosa Clam (more likely a Maxima)

plans for future 75g (can change depending on feedback from here):
2x Aquaclear 110 (1 - mechanical filtration, 1 - refugium mod)
HOB protein skimmer (Reef Octopus)
4x Koralia Nano 425 (blowing from all 4 corners)
Livestock: TBD

That sounds like me I have a similar addiction I can't stop buying corals and fish I need help I know that but I currently don't want help I choose to indulge in this addiction until I get old :) and can't carry a bucket for a water change and even then I think I'll have to pay my grandchildren to upkeep my tank

Now that the 20L is at max capacity, I've been begging my wife to let me upgrade. She finally, sorta, caved. Still not sure what livestock to go with. Never had a SW tank this big. Any suggestions? Going for colorful and peculiar looking.

Well first things first take ur time as u already know patience is key wen beginning a tank also do u want colorful fish or just corals or both?

I plan to take a very long time building the 75. It's going to be both fish and corals. Wife definitely would prefer colorful and I want unique.

75 gallons would be a nice upgrade :). Some fish I've have/had that I'd recommend would be a midas blenny (acts like an eel in some ways), a McCosker Wrasse (very colorful), and yasha or hector's goby. For coral..I'd just say a mixed reef. There are so many that specific corals would be impossible to recommend, but some fav.s are favites, acans, torches, zoas, ricordeas, etc. Lol I love almost all types of corals so a variation would be awesome! Clams are especially beautiful inverts!

Back
Top Bottom