SteveBait intro thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevebait

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I found the site trying to find info on some worms i have encountered and it seems like a really cool idea. I'm from Colorado USA, I havent been without a fishtank for 30 years, I have pretty much kept them all fresh and saltwater. The most interesting would have to be my octopus he was a hitch hiker in some live rock and ate all my fish and tore my reef apart but he was sooo cool i had to keep him, he lived about 4 years and had about the span of a dinner plate, he did the shrimp in the bottle trick and was a really personable and good pet. My favorite though would have to be the oscars, when i was young and reckless they were my fish and would actually play with me, they would grab my fingers and i would act like we were having an epic tug of war, they would throw a wave of water out of the tank and soak everything to get my attention and the most impressive thing, we would take the top off and throw them pellets from across the room they would see it through the glass and jump out of the tank and catch it in mid air, sometimes they would land on the ground and it wouldnt even phase them, put them back in the tank and they would still be jumping and begging for food.
I dont have the space for a big tank any more and dont think salt is worth the cost, now i have a 20 gal hi tec planted tank with chowder my amazon puffer he is my little buddy i had him about a year and we are pretty close. I got some pepper corys with him that really fun and goofy fish. I catch them pretty often to rescape my tank and one of them just jumps in the net, its really annoying trying to net out debris and stuff with a crazy fish trying to get in the net. i also have a 20 gal hex i keep glofish in 6 of the tetras and 6 of the danios, i bread them and i dont know if they will all fit when they reach adult size but i do a lot of water changes and its over filtered so will see how it works out. i got a pair of 10 gal i'm going to breed celestial pearl danios in, i thought they would be cool to have in my puffer tank but i couldnt find them and if they come in they are $8 so i bit the bullet and bought some off the net and i plan to breed a few for chowders tank and perhaps sell them or trade them for supplies from the pet store.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/help-identifying-worms-375658.html

I dont know that they are a problem but i have tiny thread like worms in my fry tank. I have done a lot of searching and cant find anything like them. Originally i thought they were pieces of lint from my spawning mob as they are super thin and about 3 to 7 mm long. I havent seen them wiggle they are motionless as they float through the water column, the ones on the glass look like they almost have a plunger that comes out the front grabs the glass and pulls the body forward. They appear to be white or grey they are so thin its hard to tell also too thin to tell if they are round our flat, they are literally thinner than a hair. I had been feeding my fry infusoria so I thought they were just some microworm that my fish would eat but they dont eat them. I started to feed the fry boiled egg yolk and now about a week later they are all over the glass and the water column is full of them. Any ideas on what they are would be greatly appreciated. Its a 5 gal tank with an undergravel filter, 77degrees, ph is about 7, about a dozen zebra danioi fry(almost 3 weeks old) and some java ferns.
thanx

I dont know that they are a problem but i have tiny thread like worms in my fry tank. I have done a lot of searching and cant find anything like them. Originally i thought they were pieces of lint from my spawning mob as they are super thin and about 3 to 7 mm long. I havent seen them wiggle they are motionless as they float through the water column, the ones on the glass look like they almost have a plunger that comes out the front grabs the glass and pulls the body forward. They appear to be white or grey they are so thin its hard to tell also too thin to tell if they are round our flat, they are literally thinner than a hair. I had been feeding my fry infusoria so I thought they were just some microworm that my fish would eat but they dont eat them. I started to feed the fry boiled egg yolk and now about a week later they are all over the glass and the water column is full of them. Any ideas on what they are would be greatly appreciated. Its a 5 gal tank with an undergravel filter, 77degrees, ph is about 7, about a dozen zebra danioi fry(almost 3 weeks old) and some java ferns.
thanx

Back
Top Bottom